03 October 2011

Gettin' Paid

In the words of innumerable rappers, and the incomparable ZZ Top, I got paid today. (I got a pocket full of cash).

Nope, it wasn't a paycheck. In fact, I should write about that, since pay here in the Central Valley seems to be significantly higher than anywhere else. I have more kids, and more is expected of me, but the pay is almost reasonable. I'm sure I'll have to examine that soon.

But today I got paid for this. Yes, that's right, you faithful few who click on ads rewarded me. Google finally made enough money on your clicks to pay me. $103. Doesn't seem like much, but it was awesome.

Why?

Mostly because it means that people read this. It means that this is more than a glorified diary.

So, thanks, I guess. You make this worth writing.

To pay you back, I supply to you my favorite 10 Blazin' Blog posts from the last 18 months, including at least one that is no longer available.

10: Celebrating VD Anytime I can suggest that you should buy a teacher Will Smith, I think I have to, right?

9: District Approved U-boat If you don't remember what my old district's benefits page looked like, or how true it was, you should check this out....

8: Best educational commentary  - This is still the best educational commentary of the last decade. Hands down.

7: Eulogize the living!  - This is a post that really captures the emotion of leaving the High Country to come to the Central Valley. It also has a powerful lesson about saying "Thank You".

6:The STFU method of behavior modification  - Dr. Johncock checks in with his plan for fixing behavior plans at number 6

5: My commencement speech  - I'm pretty happy that the first graduates of Vista Ridge asked me to speak. And since I'm vain, I'm pretty happy with the speech I came up with.

4: Parents  - This was, I thought at the time, my opus. I felt like this was the pinnacle for me. I felt like this was the piece that would cause me to break through, to get larger internet recognition. I was wrong, but I still like it as a post.

3:U-boat number 8  - You can't read it anymore, but it had a connection between Pearl Harbor and a guy's girlfriend claiming he was wearing boxers while he was actually free-ballin'. I've actually made it sound more sensible than it did as written. Some days it's too bad that I decided U-boats were too mean.

2:The OOP  - Dr. Dick's finest work. As an aside, I would not Google "Octagon of Punishment" unless you really like MMA.

1: A tribute to Ms. Zika  - She's retired now, and I'm sure cackling with Candy Corn teeth over a bottle of wine somewhere warm, but I know that she changed my life, and many others. The number of page views this post got, combined with the responses I got made me very happy. My brother sent it to her, and she responded very kindly. I'm happy that this blog led me to thank someone I should've thanked years ago. 

And so, again, I'll say thanks! Because without you all clicking, I wouldn't be able to say that I'm a paid educational commentator. Now, I can. Look out world, Dr. Dick and I will hit the road, and we will sell the OOP, STARS and NBR to the masses. We will change education, and your ad clicks got that ball rolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment